Friday, December 4, 2009

Cow work in the cold

3rd..... Yesterday afternoon Ellie, Lydia, Martha and I went down to Roy M.'s place and helped him and a neighbor for 4 hours work through 60 or so head of cows. We gave shots, poured on Ivomec (I think that's spelled wrong) and occasionally gave new tags. It was rather miserable working since it was around 0 f all day and the wind was blowing a bit. We had ridden down with the wind to our backs and it wasn't to bad of a ride but the ride home after back was pretty cold. The wind had picked up, temp dropped a bit and the snow was hard little 'flakes'. Not fun riding. :-) But we made it home without any mishaps and we were very glad to get into the house to warm up. :-)
I was wondering if any of you had John Denver sheet music? I've been trying to sound out a few of his songs. I've always enjoyed listening to him and I would love to be able to find music, so far I haven't seen any sheet music for his songs.
Youth is going to Yorkton for a Raise the Roof Music program, we'll be staying at home, maybe Dad will let us go next time. :-) Y2J is this afternoon, I don't know who all will be going, Naomi and Lydia are tired and I don't know what Ellie is up to. Guess I'll see when the time comes. :-)
Thought I'd close with this verse.....
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. Isaiah 54:17
God is always with us. He will always work things for good if you are following His will and His way in everything you do. :-)
Hannah

No comments: