Monday, January 18, 2010

Church and Youth

Sun. Jan. 17th ….Howdy Folks :-)
We've still a few people in the house who feel on the ill side but over half of us were feeling well enough to go to church this morning. We had Tom and Debbie T. over for dinner, they couldn't stay very long into the afternoon as they had chores that needed doing. We had a turkey dinner and peach pie for dessert.
Ellie, Jesse, Martha and I went to Youth on Friday. We skated at the rink in town for around an hour.... I only fell a couple times. :-) Martha had been feeling bad due to some stomach cramps (she sometimes gets for no apparent reason) and I had been intending to walk down to the store to get her some pain killer but a gentleman there had some and gave her a couple to take. :-) She felt well enough to continue skating after a little bit. We had a lunch at the church afterwards and then watched Loui Giglio (I think that's the way you spell his name) on how great the heavens are and how God always has us in his hand and nothing can ever take us out of that. It was really neat, and I learned a lot of things I didn't know before about different stars and so on.
This mornings Youth Sunday school Brad talked about the fact that we need to be examples to the unsaved kids who come to our Youth nights. Several kids who have been coming the past several Youth nights are not saved and have no knowledge of the Bible or God and we as Christians need to be examples of Christ living in us. Reminds me that I need to try to talk to other kids, I have a hard time coming out of my shell to talk to others... besides the fact that I look different from them so they are a little spooked about talking to myself or my siblings about anything. :-) Being 'weird' comes with that price though, I just need to swallow my own nervousness and forget about the fact that I'm different. :-) Something that I've found hard to do. I'm sure God will open doors (or windows) so I can be a help at some time. :-)
Y'all have a great day.
Hannah

1 comment:

The Three Country Girls said...

Hi Holters!
Hope y'all get to feeling better soon! Being sick is never fun....especially when multiple family members have the same bug all at once!