Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More work

10th so town was a success. :-) I'm sure you got the e-mail so you know what's up. Our lap-tops wouldn't connect to the net so I had to put what I had typed on my USB and use one of the library computers to send it off. We stopped by S. Lucille's place for coffee before heading home to a dinner of left overs. :-) Naomi, Lydia and I did the dishes then went up to the Mother Teresa Center and watched 2 vids... the first totally sucked. So we did a lot of fast forwarding. LOL! It wasn't 'Bad' but the acting quality made us groan. The other we really enjoyed and also learned a few things from. :-) We got to bed at 9:30... we try to keep it close to that time, if we can hit the sack before then all the better. :-)
11th This morning dawned rainy... seems that's the usual. LOL! Maybe God will send some warmth this weekend though. :-) We worked on cleaning up the mess hall some more then Lydia and I worked on taking apart the rest of the door/divider things. (by the way there were 17 total I apparently wasn't seeing properly.) Measurements.... around 8 feet tall, by 4 ft, one sheet of plywood from Dawson Creek, B.C. To be precise. :-) and one sheet of a softer board (I can't remember for the life of me what it's called... you use it for pinning thing to with thumb tacks like for a Sunday school lesson.) any how those are screwed together with 4 ft x 3 in x 5/8th in and 7 ft 4 in x 3 in x 5/8th in boards on either side of the sheets of wood around the edges. (I'm doing a lousy job explaining this.) They're quite heavy, and of course rather awkward. This afternoon F. Banga decided that it was taking Lydia and I too long with only the cordless drill so he sent over an electric one and Lydia ran that one. And with that working we finished the rest in half the time it was taking us before. Mainly because the electric drill takes the screws out ½ a time as fast as the cordless. Which Lydia was so very kind to point out. LOL! :-) Once done we were very happy... :-) and went over for more orders. :-) He had me mow in front of the bathrooms so it wouldn't look so ratty. Ever mowed in the pouring rain? :-) Well not super bad rain, misting to harder rain it shifts upon occasion so it's not really bad all the time. :-) The mower tends to not throw the grass out the side (like it's supposed to) when it's really wet, rather the grass builds up on the frame and tries to stop the blade from running. Kind of a pain but what ever, just needs cleaning from time to time. Any how it looks better now. :-) Then we did some dishes, and F. Banga told us to rest till an early supper was to be had around 4:30. And now we're being lazy... well not lazy, relaxing after our days work. :-) I'm gonna crash the banjo and get some practicing in. My hands are sore, they hurt from working with the drill in the cold and wet but I'm hoping they'll not hurt to bad playing. :-) Some girl scouts are here for the weekend... and they're tenting. I don't envy them in the least. It's supposed to warm up late Sat. and Sun. so I hope they have an okay time and not stay too cold. :-) F. Banga told us to go though the old T-shirts from the last couple years of Boys and Girls camp and pick out as many as we wanted. So we grabbed one a piece for us and some for the kids as well. They'll enjoy them when we get home. :-)
Many thanks for bearing with my ramblings and the many mistakes I make. Most of the time I type right before bed and I'm pretty knackered... :-) So take all the crazy sentences with the knowledge that I'm tired when I'm typing them and I don't get much time to correct or read through them before sending them out. Thanks. :-)
See y'all.
Hannah
12th that day was pretty lazy. We had the morning off and then when 1:30 rolled around S. Lucille came by and we girls along with her and F. Banga went to a B-day party in Wawota. Julia was turning 80 years old, she had worked several years ago at the camp in the kitchen as head cook for over 15 years. We brought our instruments along and played for 45 min. or so, just as back ground music.
13th... was really lazy. We sat around and read books, watched movies or stepped outside for a few minutes to enjoy the sun that peeped out most of the day.
14th was busy. :-) John showed up to help F. Banga get the little tractor mower running. We girls hauled out hide-a-bed mattresses and cleaned up piano room 2 again since all but 4 or 5 of the couches have been removed to be replaced with couches not so worn out. We painted parts of the mural, and I did the second coat on the green cupboard. F. Banga had forgotten to get more paint rollers so we weren't able to paint all the pool-side cabins but Lydia and Naomi were able to get one side painted with hand brushes. I mowed more lawn while they did so. When I stopped and looked at the time it was 4:20 and F. Banga hadn't returned from town (he left after our early lunch to attend a meeting) so I mixed up some things and put the herbs on the ribs and did potatoes, Naomi and Lydia came in and had a sandwich to tide them over. F. Banga arrived about half way through the cook time, so we sat. talked and relaxed waiting for supper to get done. The ribs were a little tough mainly because they were cooked a little hasty due to the fact that I wasn't watching the time and F. Banga hadn't returned to do them. But it was all okay and we were hungry. :-) While taking the mattresses out of the couches, I was putting back the springs/frame for the mattress and was pushing the couch back against the wall when the frame work bounced back for some reason and slammed into my lower lip/jaw. So it swelled up fairly big, and the inside of my lip are nice black and purple imprints of my braces. :-) So for one moment imagine what it felt like.... have some one take a 1 inch pipe and smack your lower lip/jaw area, then imagine having braces, wire brackets stopping your lip from coming against your teeth... and you get the idea of the bruising and swelling I have right now. :-) Rather interesting drinking water and eating, with a swelled, bruised lip/jaw. It's not super bad (now that I've complained enough) and I wasn't thinking it was to bad but then I hadn't seen myself in a mirror all day till this evening... LOL! I showed Naomi and Lydia the inside of my lip.... they both winced and had various ways of saying owwww. :-) So I try not to smile much because it hurts, and also take care of how my lip is positioned over my braces. It should heal up soon since the bruising is inside my mouth. :-) Any how I'm tired and need to hit the hay.... it's late... well 10:00 any way. Late for me and I need to be getting up around 7:00 tomorrow. (which by the way is not early, if I have to I can pull myself up at 6:00 but we don't need to be at the mess hall receiving orders till around 8:00 or a little past so I have some lee-way. :-) (or maybe I'm just lazy. :-)
Hannah
15th Naomi washed the windows in the mess hall while F. Banga took Lydia and I into Kenosee to pick up two couches and one love-seat, once back we unloaded them, then helped F. Banga and John with a few little things. Lydia and I cleaned up around the camp fire area. I mowed grass and Lydia pulled the weeds from under the benches. That took most of the morning. Afternoon came and Al H. brought another couch and one chair. With those out of his trailer we hauled all the canoes down to the lake side, and then Jerome (he's an older man from Kenosee) showed up with his small tractor and we loaded all the hide-a-bed couches into Al's trailer. They both left about an hour before supper. Naomi washed the outsides off all the windows at the MTC, which took her around 5 hours to do. We put away what we'd been doing and had sat down to a movie before supper. F. Banga dropped by the MTC and asked us to unload some lumber that Alvin had brought before supper. So we unloaded it and stacked it in the storage of the outdoor chapel. We all had supper, Alvin staying as well. He was caulking the cracks in the floor where they had replaced the rotten places. After supper we finished the movie. My mouth was doing okay till evening came on and then it began bothering me again, so I quieted down. :-)
16th Lydia and I unwrapped a pump down by the lake... it's sitting in a frame that chicken wire and netting had been put on, screwed and stapled. Naomi started helping F. Banga cook things since the deanery meeting is here this month. After we were done taking down the netting and wire, Lydia went back to taking apart some wood platform near the pool building and I mowed lawn again. Finished mowing, and was sent to help Lydia (who had finished taking apart and was working on painting more of the mural) and painted two 'people' a nice bright blue. :-) There's interesting colors on the mural this time around. :-) F. Banga told us to quit about 45 min. before dinner was ready and we knocked off for the day. The meal went well, there were 7 others besides S. Lucille, F. Banga and us girls, they had their own table and us girls sat in the background (which we didn't mind at all) :-) We left to brush our teeth and then came back to clean up all the dishes. :-) We practiced some music since we've been asked to play tomorrow at the old folks home. And we're going to go for supper (some people who work at the camp mostly in the kitchen) and on the way back from there F. Banga said that we'll stop by a rodeo and watch for a bit. Should be interesting. :-)
Hannah

No comments: