Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hey

Hey y'all,
29th F. Banga gave us the day off, it rained like it had been for the past few days. And in the afternoon we were taken into town for a a bit of time at the library while F. Banga did some running errands. Back home nothing exciting happened. :-)
30th Sunday. We stayed here.... Naomi took a walk that morning and Lydia and I walked that afternoon and took some pics of little bits and pieces around us. :-)
31st, Naomi's 24th birthday. I had tried to get in contact with some friends around this area but they all were to busy or were away so F. Banga called two ladies up to come and have a surprise evening meal for N. We painted, cleaned and kept ourselves busy doing odd things that day. :-) The meal went really good. :-) Naomi had no idea we were planning anything for her so she was happily surprised. We played some music afterwards and then Naomi showed them (F. Banga and the two ladies) pictures of our horse trip and a few others of the family.
1st..... we painted, and painted, and painted... LOL! Evey time we turn around it seems there's just another door or something else that needs some paint. I think we've almost come to the end of it now though. We have another coat to put on some cupboard doors and some regular doors and then we'll be pretty much done except for the floor which will be done later this month. Tonight F. Banga is going to drop me off to do the laundry while he, Naomi and Lydia will be putting together some music books. and getting more things figured out for camp. I've been trying to practice music but the past two days I failed to practice. Hopefully I can get in a few minutes this evening in between getting the laundry done, showering and getting ready for bed. :-)
So talk to y'all later.
Hannah
2nd while Naomi and Lydia washed the windows at F. Banga's 'Shack' (Not.... it's a very beautiful little mansion... very very nice, rock and beams, I'll try to get a picture to y'all someday.) I worked on painting the second coat on cupboard doors, trim and two other sets of doors. F. Banga had gone to town earlier that morning to get a few things, when he returned he put me work painting all the tables a sunshiney yellow. :-) So I painted them for the little bit of morning left and all afternoon. Lydia helped me for partial of the afternoon once they were done with the windows (F. Banga says that his windows have NEVER been as clean in all the 6 years he's had the shack as when Naomi and Lydia cleaned them. They're pretty happy. :-) Naomi worked on the Mother Teresa Center just a little cleaning. Then F. Banga told us to rest for ½ an hour while he fixed supper for us and for Al and Loretta H. we were happy to see them again. Al brought along his fiddle so we had some music and generally enjoyed ourselves. :-) After they left we relaxed for about 45 min. and then F. Banga took us for 1 ½ hours to a wake for a native man who had died a few days before. It was definitely interesting. :-) I have to admit that I enjoyed hearing the drums and it was really incredible how they men could hold that high pitched cry/chant for so long... the talent they have. :-) Any how it was pretty neat over all. Of course your heart aches for the fact that they have no hope of salvation and you pray that they will come to the light. :-)
3rd.... we cleaned the Mother Teresa Center, moved all the beds away from the walls and vacuumed, swept and made sure it was nice and clean. Then while F. Banga went to a funeral we relaxed in the afternoon for a bit. Read and listened to music. :-)
4th F. Banga had a trip to Regina for a Dr. appointment so he told us to clean the nurses place (kitchen, bathroom, living room and three bedrooms.) also 4 or 5 ( I can't remember now) living places that hadn't been cleaned for a while. The nurses' place was pretty clean, I washed and swept, Lydia did the windows. (it was all linoleum flooring), Lydia also cleaned the windows of the other rooms. Naomi vacuumed and knocked down cobwebs. When I was done with the nurses' station I knocked the cobwebs out of two of the rooms Naomi was vacuuming and also beat 2 smaller floor rugs that didn't want to clean up with the vacuum cleaner for some reason. After an earlier lunch Naomi and I weeded F. Banga's flower beds while Lydia screwed the handles back onto the cupboard doors we painted. And then we sat and were lazy. LOL! Mid afternoon I was going for a walk when I noticed that the people renting the MTC were there so I dropped in and asked them if they needed anything and also laid a fire for them. (F. Banga had asked one of us to do so before he left for Regina) once that was done I took a short jaunt one a trail by the lake and ended up being chased out by wood ticks. I have never had so many ticks on me. Ugghh, I didn't walk very far down the trail before I opted to return for a supper of pizza and then we splurged and made ourselves ice cream floats. :-)
5th dawned a beautiful day, partly cloudy but warm. F. Banga showed up and says “hey lets all go out to the farm.” so we hurried to brush our teeth and get our instruments. It's about an hour or a little more the farm that F. Banga and his brother own. On the way there we stopped at two churches... the first was a Lutheran church that not only was close to 140 years old and in it's original shape, but the stained glass! Wow oh Wow! It was so so cool. So incredible I've never seen stained glass so well done. It was really really neat. I got lots of pictures, Naomi did as well. :-) We wandered the grave yard for 15 min. or so headed for another church which is where F. Banga's family attends and also has the grave yard that he and his family will be/are buried in. It also had some stained glass but it wasn't as well done as the Lutheran church. We got to the farm just in time for a dinner of hamburgers. :-) After doing the dishes we tromped outside for some horse working. Lydia was given an offer of an Norwegian Fjord if she wanted him so while she worked with him, Naomi and I took pictures, and petted the others. F. Banga and his brother planted some trees F. Banga had been given, when a short shower sent us inside for about ½ hour or so. While we were inside, Naomi called the family for a chat. And we learned that Dad had sold Coyote, and then Delmar (F. Banga's brother) said that since Lydia was willing to take the Norwegian Fjord that she should also take a grade bay yearling filly. Ended up Lydia said yes to both, and the arrangements were made that Dad, Mom and a few of the kids would come down and pick up the horses that afternoon since the farm was only about 2 ½ hours away from Endeavour. The rain blew over and we went out to have a wagon ride behind F. Banga's team of Norwegian Fjords. Any how we enjoyed the ride, Lydia and I were given a chance to drive the horses. We got home about the time to start supper. Dad, Mom and the kids arrived around 6:1 we loaded the horses and went to eat supper. Afterwards we played a bit of music (Ellie had come along, yes a fiddler. You have no idea how much we miss her playing. And she admitted to missing the back up as well. :-) They left, we cleaned the dishes, and left ourselves. :-) It was an interesting day to say the least. The trip to the farm wasn't planned at all nor was getting the two horses or having part of the family come down and pick them up. :-) It was a good day though. And I hope that over all God had the preeminence in what we said and did. :-)
So we'll talk to you later. :-)
Hannah
6th we went to Regina with F. Banga that Sunday.
7th... Naomi scrapped peeling paint off a mural for an hour or so. Then she joined Lydia and I painting the pool area... boys and girls change rooms as well as the life guard area in the blue building. I finished up after lunch and Naomi and Lydia painted one corner of the mess hall with dark gray. F. Banga wanted the corner done so we can move most of the tables down there and stack them out of the way. It had dried out some and I was able to get the lawn mower going, mowed a bit but then the rain rolled in and started pouring so I had to make a run for it. :-) Lydia and Naomi were vacuuming and washing the windows of Piano room #2 so I joined them for the last bit. F. Banga came home from a doctors appointment just as we were finishing up and he said that supper wouldn't be for an hour so we went and watched part of Chitty Chitty Bang-Bang and finished it after supper. :-)
8th I washed a cupboard preparing it for painting later on. Then helped put away and clean up the mess hall for a bit, before F. Banga asked me to clean up the tuck-shop. :-) It needed a good go over and that took about an hour. I ended up filling a trash can, and F. Banga gave me another Kenosee bag and two T-shirts to take home to the kids. :-) They'll enjoy them, I'm sure. I also made Jello. After that was done I went and painted the cupboard I had washed a dark green. It looks pretty nice. :-) F. Banga says we'll use it in the mess hall, near the phone I think, but I'm not sure yet till we move it. After Lunch we helped get supper prep, and then swept and moped the kitchen area and also a 12-14 foot strip of the very muddy mess hall floor near the kitchen. F. Banga told us to take a couple hours off when we were done with that, then we're going to a birthday party somewhere at 3:45, and coming home in time for supper. We're having 4 ladies over for supper, three of whom we haven't met as of yet. :-) It should be fun. I'm sure we'll have some music afterwards as well. The last few days have been really busy, making practicing hard to get in... well I suppose I could have skipped Chitty, Chitty Bang-Bang, but hey I wanted to relax not wear out my fingers. LOL! :-) So anyhow, till later. :-)
Hannah
8th only S. Lucille and one other lady came over for supper. We girls made pizza which they all enjoyed greatly. There wasn't really music just talking after supper.
9th.... Pool cleaning day. F. Banga and Al H. were hard at work when we arrived on the scene after breakfast. We scrubbed, mopped, and struggled to straighten out the pool lining for 5 hours. :-) Acid water for the mopping.... well not really mopping more scrubbing with the mop. Have you ever bent hours on end scrubbing with a mop, making sure you don't flip or splat any acid water on yourself for several hours? LOL! Our backs definitely told us that we had been working hard. :-) I think the worst part(s) were accidentally getting acid water on my skin upon occasion (burns anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on where you get it, not fun.) and struggling to straighten out the wrinkles in the pool liner. Water has gotten underneath the liner seeping in from the ground and has created wrinkles, that seal themselves to themselves to the bottom when you're trying to move them. The suction was crazy, we pulled, pushed and groaned for a while then suddenly it started moving, and in a little while we had it straightened out as much as F. Banga wanted. It's most likely that with all our pulling and pushing on the wrinkles that we broke the suction from it being damp under the liner making it easier to move into place. :-) But we all said that the fighting with the liner was the worst. LOL! But hey it's done and we're all very glad that we were able to finish it in one day. F. Banga said that the pool cleaned up easier this year than the last several years so we're also thankful for that. :-)
10th we swept and mopped the mess hall this morning. One sweeping three times over with the mops. Soap water, rinse of plain water and then Pinesol for a last go over. All of us girls love the smell of Pinesol... :-) Then while Naomi cleaned the fans and set up tables and chairs Lydia and I sorted through the recyclable pop cans, beer bottles and water/juice plastic bottles. The water/juice bottles had the lids taken off and put into garbage sacks, beer bottles the dark brown ones set aside for recycling the others put in a garbage bag, and the pop and beer cans put through a smasher for recycling. Lydia and I were working both on the plastic bottles, me doing the glass beer bottles then F. Banga fixed the pop/beer can smasher so I ran that. What a racket... LOL! It's an homemade hulk of a thing and I was really wishing I have earmuffs it was so loud. But it's all done now, and we shouldn't have to do that till after camp again. :-) Once we were done with that F. Banga had us start taking from home made door/separation things apart. There's 8 or 10 of them and we got two done before lunch. I was handling the electric drill, Lydia helping me turn the things over and so on. We're going into Carlyle (Lord willing, if you get this then you'll know we did. :-) in about ½ an hour. So I'm not sure if we'll be doing anything after we get back or not. I hope y'all have a great day. Hey if I'm boring you then tell me to cut it out and I drop you off the e-mail. If you want info about the family at home you'll have to call them or drop by for a visit I'm sure they'd love to have you. If they've been getting as much rain as we have here then they'll need the encouragement. :-) J/K. LOL!
TTYL.
Hannah

No comments: