Saturday, March 13, 2010

Devotional

I was reading my devotional and it was talking about the verse in Hebrews: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.... “Faith is like dropping a letter into a mail box. Faith, with assurance, drops its letter and lets it go. Distrust on the other hand holds on to a corner of the letter and wonders why the answer never comes.” That hits pretty good, I've been faulty of that a lot, not having faith in God to answer my needs, I hold onto the corner and worry about it. I need to trust and let God take care of the problem, He will show me what to do, how to do and when to do, but I need to let go of my worry and distrust and let Him take the lead. :-) I've been worried about several things this past year and the last several weeks have been getting down to the grit in my patience, thank God for the reminder to keep trusting Him and the reminder that He sees all and will open or close every door that He sees fit to. :-) My God is a wonderful God! :-) I need to simply trust my pains, worries, hopes and ideas to Him, He will answer if I let the “letter” go. :-)
Hannah

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Thank you for this uplifting message. I really enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the photo's. God bless, Lloyd