Monday, March 8, 2010

Hey

March 6th.... Lydia has her expander in as of the 3rd.... she's doing well, though it can be hard to understand her at times. :-) I'm pretty much over all the pain. :-)
Nothing really exciting has been happening here. It's been around the freezing (32 f) and above during the day the past few days. And the sun is shining so we've been trying to get outside more. It feels good to not have to wear gloves or a hat when walking. March is coming in like a lamb... but I'm sure we'll have at least one (if not more) storms before the winter is over. :-) It always seems to warm up nicely and then gives a couple last kicks to make sure we remember to be thankful for the spring, summer and fall months. :-) We're waiting on some money before we can buy the garden seeds, this year we hope to get the garden in a little earlier than last year, but we'll have to see how the weather turns out. :-)
Watched a few films this past week... Batman Begins is a clean film about Batman... it's could be under the name of 'horror' for frightening images.... Steven Speilberg does the directing on it. (he directed the Indiana Jones films).... and if you like teaching/school films I would recommend you looking into seeing The Emperor's Club it's a movie that will make you think seriously. For a non-Christian production it has a lot of lessons that are valuable in the Christian life. Though it is rated higher because of a couple shots with women the film is very good and teaches if you are willing to hear. :-) I also read The Door Within Trilogy and I would love to see those in film... it's a neat set of books. If you like reading about fantasy/ allegories then you'd enjoy the trilogy. If not then steer away from them, since they have a lot in them. :-) I enjoy reading that sort of book occasionally to mix with down to earth books that take very little imagination. :-)
Talk to you later.
Hannah

March 7th.... There's a very wonderful passage in John where Jesus is praying for his disciples....
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. John 17:20-26

It's amazing to read.... think deeply. God prays not only for his disciples “but for them also which shall believe on me through their word” that is so wonderful! It's just another reminder that God is praying and interceding for us, that he will never let us go. Once we are saved we are One with Jesus and the Father! Thank you Lord for the wonderful grace that you've given us!!! Hallelujah! :-)
It gets to me to read and know these wonderful and powerful truths. Thank you Lord! :-)
Hannah
Truth is always consistent with itself, and needs nothing to help it out.--Tillotson.

No comments: