Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good afternoon.....

Good morning! Yesterday May 10th, Mothers day... Ray Bell a guitar instructor came by for a visit. He was returning to his home in Regina from a camp in Manitoba where he taught guitar for a couple days. We had a bit of frisbee, lunch, some jamming and a bit more frisbee before he had to leave. It was good to see him again. :-)
After Ray left we headed up for a couple hours at Eugene's place to work with the horses. Lydia sold Alpache so she worked with Coyote (Dad's black gelding). Ruth led Millie around (with me keeping an eye on her) for about ½ hour. She (Ruth) had lots of fun being “boss” over a big horse. :-) After Ruth was tired of horse play she went and played with Uriah and Cilla on an old combine.... Kid Martha's horse was being a bit of a stinker so she had her hands pretty full. But before we left she had his head down and he was licking n' chewing so what she'd worked him on was actually working in his brain. :-) I worked with Millie on ground tying mostly... some side passing and squeeze game as well. All in all it was a good afternoon. :-)
On the way home we stopped by Skinners Nursery in Yorkton and bought Mom a rose for Mothers Day. It's a dark red simple rose called 'Emily Carr'. She was pretty happy that we got her a gift. :-) It's never been a habit of our family to get gifts for Mother's/Father's day.... Dad's always thought that birthdays were enough to get gifts, but when Lydia suggested that we get a gift for Mom..... and then I said a rose he decided it wasn't such a bad idea. :-) After we got home and ate supper Lydia and I went for a 4 mile walk. It never feels like a full day unless we've been able to go for a walk. :-) Guess it's a way to slow down after a day and also to talk without distractions. LOL! :-)
A couple verses caught me a couple days ago in my Bible reading. I have never heard a sermon preached on these two verses. So any preachers out there... :-) if you do preach on this would you send the sermon to me? LOL! 1 Chronicles 4:9 & 10 “And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.” It reminded me of how God teaches us to pray in the new testament. Well any how.... I'm gonna post an article on this... that I wrote after I read the verses about Jabez. It kind of bounces around though. My mind wasn't behaving and staying in line. :-)
Today 12th it was looking pretty dark out side in the morning... just a bit after noon it started pouring and hailing, so Lydia, Ellie, Jesse and I grabbed our slickers and headed out for some fun in the rain. :-) Guess we haven't grown up to much. :-) After about 30 minutes it cleared off and got back to being warm and sunny. So Lyds and I went for a walk after supper. :-)
Dad's going to try offering on a place about 2 hours from where we rent.... just pray that God will lead. :-)
Hey we're in Yorkton so I can post this.... :-)
Hannah

No comments: