Sunday, April 11, 2010

God versus Humans

“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork that men must turn one way of another on facing Christ in me.” Jim Elliot
It's an interesting quote, and yet how we should wish it for our own lives. There was once a German doctor who had been in Hitler's Youth and army who said while speaking to a British church, “I am concerned with the casual quality of the faith of youth. You do not give to Christ anything like the devotion which German youth once gave to Hitler.” How can it be that we can “worship” a human and yet we refuse to give to God the ruler and creator of the world a second thought. As humans we fail so miserably... why should any one want to follow us and yet we make that mistake every day, we allow our thoughts to be more on our fellow humans than on God. We look up to them and not to God, we let them govern our emotions, they plan our lives, they en-bond us and because we're afraid to follow God for fear that people will think us “weird” or “crazy” we cover the voice that tells us that all is not right and keep stumbling though life. How I wish that more of us would lift our heads above the ground and off other people and into the sky, look up to the Savior and you'll find that your feet will move to higher ground. No, not everything is perfect but you will have God beside you (or carrying you), the peace and joy no one can take away. Yes you will get in the dumps, but think of what God has done for you and your heart will be lifted again. “Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. Our God you reign forever, Our hope, our strong deliverer. You are the everlasting God, the everlasting God, You do not faint, you wont grow weary, you're the defender of the weak, you comfort those in need, you lift us up on wings like eagles.” (Not sure who wrote this song I think it was Chris Tomlin though) Keep your eyes on God... and remind me if I tend to fall by the way side, don't be afraid to slap me and pull me back to the high ground, I know I fall all to often when I take my eyes off the light. Thanks for the prayers. :-)
Hannah

No comments: